Tuesday 3 January 2012

My fellow riders

I had dinner on a floating restaurant on the Mekong river tonight. Met my fellow riders and heard Peter speak for the first time! What an inspiring man...... I am so excited to be sharing this experience with people who have also worked hard to be here and raise the money that we have! Over half a million dollars between us for home hug!! To be amongst a group whose goal is to make a difference and whose focus is on more than just their own lives and needs is very humbling.... I am very excited about the next 8 days! (ok so maybe just a tad nervous at this point too ;). There's also a log on the hands across the water website, so check it out too as Peter will update it each day as long as we have reception on all our gadgets!!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy and stay safe,mum jackiexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update ,they (the local people )truly do touch move and inspire you . We need to be reminded of what life is about and what we have here. Love hearing your experiences.Thinking of you on day 1 of your ride.

    Dad & Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mum,
    I'm missing you so so much but I'm also having lots of fun!!!!
    Your ride would be so hard I'm proud!

    Hope you have lots of fun!!!

    Love Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bet today started out with lots of mixed emotions, hope that you have started to settle into riding a new bike and taking in the country side at the same time. I am riding every km with you sitting on my arse on the couch!!! happy peddling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fabulous that you have been updating your blog!! Wishing you all the best for your ride. I meant to ask - you don't take your own bike? Gee I hope you have a half decent bike to ride - not a Rikshaw!! Sounds like you are having a fantastic time - can't wait to hear more. Hugs and love and thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete