Monday 2 January 2012

Mekong river

On our way from udon Thani airport to the Mekong river. A town called nong khai. It's called the Thai/Lao friendship bridge as it borders the two countries. I am amazed that I am on the Internet on my phone and the guy in front of me is on his iPad!! Guess technology knows no cultural boundaries!! Less English out here so Renee and I are having to try to communicate in other ways more frequently which is so fun! Usually we all end up laughing and smiling and just nodding and not understanding a thing!! Really looking forward to starting the ride tomorrow, glad to be out of the touristy areas and into the real Thailand! Surprisingly the standard of living seems a little higher out here? Encouragingly it's very flat!!remarkedly there is no livestock, just totally farmed under crop. Must ask where their meat comes from? xo

1 comment:

  1. good luck tomorrow girls,drink ,drink,drink, Oh by the way Kerrie i clipped Merlin,what a change,he looks great and soooo much happier in this heat,you now have two weeks to forgive me,lol,and no more hair everywhere,have fun girls xxxx mum jackie

    ReplyDelete