Wednesday 4 January 2012

Have I mentioned the food yet? Omg it is soooo good! Most of the time I don't know what I'm eating but it's all great!! Have managed to have paw paw salad every day!! At the floating markets a little old Thai lady shoved something in my mouth as I walked past, very freaky but was just a piece of fruit that looked like cloves of garlic but tasted great! Still not sure what it was though!! Apart from that experience they haven't been pushy at all selling things to us. They are just so respectful, to us to each other, everyone and everything around them. Happy, respectful, appreciative, polite and excited!!

One of the guys on the ride did it last year as well. As a fund raiser last year he asked people to donate things to the kids and he would personally carry it the whole 800km to give it to them. So he towed a bike trailer with 30kg in it and carried a 10kg back pack!! He said that it raised $4000 in donations for the kids so was worth it!! Then he sent out pictures of him giving it all to the kids at the end to all the sponsors, what a great idea!!

xo

5 comments:

  1. Hi sis,I'm glad to hear your having a great experience over there and doing it for a great cause.So jealous of the the tiger experience i hope u took heaps of photos.Pedal hard and enjoy......xxxxxooooo Adam,cin and kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food sounds so lovely,paw paw salad ,yum,had that in Darwin,all the freshly made food cooked by someone else ,i am very jealous,have a great ride today,its very hot and humid here too today so keep up the fluids,hope you girls are taking heaps pics,thanks for the blog,love itxxxxx love from mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if we could organise a container of things needed for the orphans,toys ,clothes etc,or is it only cash donations,mummy jackie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh Paw Paw salad....... sure beats my peanut butter rice cake that I had for lunch. Jen, Mum and Dad all say hi. Pedals up! xox Bron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerrie,

    How inspiring you are! Wish I was here the last year to share the whole experience with you. I am with you in heart, look forward to photos
    Love Joss and family

    ReplyDelete