Thursday 4 October 2012

Party!!!

Today was loads of fun!! We played with the kids all afternoon after school, and with both my kids and the Thai kids relaxing now into us being a part of their day, the play is becoming much more natural and relaxed! The boys are loving Paddy because he's wrestles and chases them, and they are very cheeky in the way they chase him and goad him into chasing them back! We had a party tonight because Mae Thiew and Sister leave tomorrow for the hill tribes up north. A Thai style BBQ prepared again by Wutt! And the kids performed dances for us, and Nat played his guitar too! It was all just beautiful!! I also found out that this weekend is the first time that both Sister and Mae Thiew have left the orphanage to go away at the same time!! Sister has been ensuring that everything is ready and organised. She has been very focused on the preparation and does seem a little stressed about leaving them all! But she does keep saying to me that she is very glad we come at this time so she feels better about leaving them because we here to help!! So given her level of stress, you can imagine my surprise when she agreed that I can take ALL the kids to an elephant camp about 140kms away!!! We will do it on Sunday, and 5 staff will come with me to help! Even the babies are coming! I can't wait, what a privilege to be trusted with their children, and what fun we are all going to have!!!

The children thanked us tonight by giving us blessings and tying friendship bands around our wrists! So we all now have many beautiful white bands around our wrists that are full of live and good wishes for our future. Mae Thiew leaves tomorrow for the hill tribes, so saying goodbye was very hard. We both had tears in our eyes, and she told me she loves me many times! She even told me that she stayed strong and healthy to see me again! I have promised her that we will come back again and again, and that we'll bring more friends to help support her beautiful children! I told her that she is the most amazing woman that I have ever met! How special to once again share time with her and to part with tears in our eyes! I am truly blessed to have met her, and am so very glad that my kids had the opportunity to meet such a beautiful person. xox

1 comment:

  1. i had tears too reading this.Yes you are trully blessed to be involved with Mae thiew and the children and she is blessed to have you and Hands team helping the gorgeous innocent children have a great life.xxxx She is an amazing woman to put aside her problems and care for the kids .

    ReplyDelete