Monday 1 October 2012

Homehug!!

We've had another big day of traveling today, with all three kids asleep tonight by 7pm!! Flew from Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani, hired a car and I drove the 100kms to Yasothon. Despite directions from Peter, I still drove past the orphanage a zillion times before I worked out I could pull up a picture on my iPhone and show it to someone who could point me in the right direction!! Did the same for the hotel, pulled up the website on my phone and showed it to some locals who gave me directions!! Clearly you dOnt need to speak the same language to give or receive directions, sign language of sorts was very effective!! And a note about driving in Thailand - indicators, using lanes, speed limits and any sort of road rules are all optional!! But I figured that I just had to drive the same to blend in, and I was fine! Nothing like overtaking a car and just assuming the oncoming traffic will make a third lane and drive in the shoulder to let you through!! I don't know why they bother painting white lines at all!! So after all that we quickly checked into our hotel, then went in to see the kids! Was so good to see them again!! And Kuhn Wutt and the beautiful staff too! Mae Thiew wasn't there this afternoon, so I will see her tomorrow. Can't wait!! 😄

3 comments:

  1. hello all,looks like a great day for all.Can imagine all the kids at the home when you arrived,giving them english lessons will be fun for all.Have a wonderful day ,look forward to more blogs,and i loved texing with Patrick yesterday.hugs to all xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerrie ,
    I finally found you, great to hear about yoyr adventures , sounds like you and the kids are having a ball. Love to all .
    Dad & Pamela
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerrie, Patrick, Laura & Grace,
    Your trip is sounding amazing glad you are all having fun! Brock was in hysterics reading about the elephant throwing you in the water!!Can't wait to read more and see photos. take care.
    Love
    Michelle & Brock xo

    ReplyDelete